Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy belated birthday, Old Man.



Dear Hubby,

I just realized I was so busy on your birthday I never wrote you the traditional letter. So here I am, 5 days later, doing it anyway.

Last year, I warned you of your oldness coming this year, at the big 3.0. But surprisingly, you're not in depends, you still have all your teeth and while you do snore, at least you can get yourself out of the bed without the aide of walker. I'm proud of you! ;oD

In all seriousness, I think our little weekend getaway to Mentone, Alabama was amazing. I wish we could have stayed there a week. Hiked more. Eaten more. Because for about 1.75 days, we had no responsibility and it kinda felt like we were dating again. I watched you laugh...I saw the real smile where I could see your dimple. I love that smile.

Since having our kids, we have a hard time connecting due to our chaotic lives but this weekend, we connected. And I'm still trying to digest the fact we didn't fight once!!! ;oD

I love you, Bryan. Every day, while it probably doesn't seem like it, I thank God for you and how my life has turned out. I thank God for the wonderful father you are to our children, the provider you are to us, and husband you are to me. Life has a knack for getting in the way and I don't tell you those things enough.

I love you, all of you. Thank you for picking me.

Stephanie

5 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Happy birthday to your hubby!

That's a great picture of all of you:)

Mandy said...

Very Sweet!!! I'm glad your getaway Birthday trip was a great one!!! I love this family pic!!! You all look really great. :) BTW how does it feel to be married to an OLD MAN now?

Jennifer Shirk said...

Aww... how sweet!

Happy belated birthday to the Old Man!

OHmommy said...

Happy birthday Bryan! Beautiful family photo!!!

Bethanne said...

Sweet letter.
Hope you have a great week of inspired writing because of your love.