Monday, August 20, 2007

Sigh....

Teething is a real bummer. Even more of a bummer when you have both kids so close together that they're BOTH cutting their first round of teeth at the same time. This was certainly something that I didn't think about (among MANY other things) when I got pregnant for the second time when Punky was only 4.5 months old. Of course, there wasn't a whole lot of thinking going on as I've mentioned before when it came to that whole ordeal. I mean, this whole time I've always thought that even the BAD days wouldn't be bad days if I didn't have them. It could be that today could have been a regular ole boring work day for me instead of spending time with my two beautiful, cranky children. I'm not sure if you would call it spending time...just a lot of discipline and praying.

Punky decided to sleep 45 minutes and wake up crying really hard. I went in to rock her and finally she went back to sleep and slept over an hour (molar #2 is coming down). Chicken Little? Oh no, he stands at a whopping 45 minute afternoon nap. Where did my good sleepers go? I guess i've bragged one too many times about having two hours to myself in the afternoon. Just when I nailed the two hour naps with him, he goes and starts teething. I KNOW that's what it is because he has the facial rash, gnawing on his fingers, and not to mention I can SEE the teeth. Punky didn't get her first one until she was 9 months old, so I didn't expect to go through this so soon. Of course, now that I have Chicken I've definitely decided to that nothing about Punky was normal or average. Now i'm realizing how much HARDER I'm going to have to work with Chicken to get him where Punky is in the manner, obeying and humbleness department. Wish me luck!

In other news...wait there is no other news. HA! Today was just one of those days where I wish I could just go to bed and start over....or skip the whole day entirely. But like I mentioned earlier, today might not have even been a bad day if I didn't have my kiddos. I'm really trying to remember that and be thankful for them (which I am, just some days more than others!). Here's for a better day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oh, take care, Stephanie!

It's not easy having two little ones, but you'll probably wishing for these days back when they start dating and driving. LOL!