Monday, December 17, 2007

Lots of nothing

Nothing new to report on my end.  Just nausea and more nausea from #3 cooking.  I've always been in my third trimester with my previous two during this time of year so its a catch 22 to be so nauseous right now.  It sucks that I can't eat Christmas food...especially all the candy.  But on the bright side, my butt won't be expanding as much come January.  All I'm craving is savory/salty things and sweets are making me (in general) nauseous.  But I would love to pig out at least Christmas Day, but unfortunately small amounts are key and no pigging out will be on my agenda any day in the near future.  I'll choose to look on the bright side for that one since I was on a diet just before I found out I was pregnant again.

We took our Christmas pictures on Saturday.  They turned out really cute.  Punky and Chicken are getting cuter by the minute.  Both were in foul moods by the time we got everything set up, but a little Yo Gabba Gabba dancing and shaking of the booty in Hubby's face got a few desired grins.  Needless to say I'm glad no one was taking pictures of ME!

Speaking of which, I took my 8 week belly shot.  It's definitely true that you show earlier with subsequent pregnancies.  Here's me only 8 weeks pregnant. 

So I'm not too excited about being uncomfortable earlier, but hopefully once the nausea goes away and I can eat some more, at least I won't have to hide my stomach any more.  Right now I just look fat if I try to pull off maternity clothes.  Hopefully in a few weeks, I'll have a big enough bulge I can justify a few extra cinnamon rolls.  ;o)

As far as developmentally for the kids, Chicken is now crawling all over my house, clucking his tongue and shaking his head like crazy (in a game) when I say no.  It's cute, but when I say no I mean no and I will smack that fat leg of his, regardless of that heart-melting smile he has on his face.  He's a good boy but I can tell he's definitely got a stubborn streak worse than Punky's.

Punky is continuing on with her vocabulary and her ability to put words together.  She can now say things such as "hold me" "want this" "blue one" (for a specific color cup or marshmallow she wants) "clue's clues" (blue's clues) and "Doo Bops" for her TV requests.  Her latest development is singing.  She now knows twinkle twinkle and can sing a few lines of it...it began a couple of weeks ago when I was having some one on one time with her before bed and she got a serious look on her face and said, "Tinkle tar!" I was confused for a few seconds and then I realized I normally sing to her and she was requesting my rendition of "Twinkle Star".  I sang it to her and ever since she's been running around "How wonder are!  Up up up up up up high."  It melts my heart, especially since I'm a singer, but more because she's learning and growing up.  She'll be two next month and Chicken will be one in February.  Good thing another one is coming in July because I won't know what to do without infants in my house. 

Both are good kids and require minimal discipline now that the foundation has been set from the first year.  I'm quite pleased with how they're turning out.  Punky shares her toys easily, even though there is the occasional "NO!" outburst if Chicken is bothering her.  Usually I can tell her to share and she'll find one of his toys to give him or give him what she's playing with all together.  Chicken is beginning separation anxiety I believe as I'm unable to leave him without a blood curdling scream and him following me pitifully through the house on all fours.  He's fine when I'm around, so I believe, my friends, my sanity is about to end.  Of course, him falling and hitting his head three times a day because he's trying to pull up on everything isn't helping either.

He currently has a purple goose egg on his forehead from his clumsiness.  Punky didn't do that much so I'm finding I'm getting easily panicked over head bumps when I know I shouldn't.  But man, when they cry for an hour it's hard not to get worried!  But I think I'll make it and so might my kids...maybe.

Well, I'll wrap this up and go.  Chicken is in my lap right now trying to type, making it increasingly difficult, even more so with him chewing on my arm - that tickles.

Things will be hectic the rest of the week, so I'll close with MERRY CHRISTMAS!  Hope everyone has a great holiday and gets lots of fun presents!

Stephanie

2 comments:

OHmommy said...

Awww... you look so cute. I showed so early with my third too. And my butt got really big. I mean HUGE.

Thanks for the comment! Nice blog!

Jennifer Shirk said...

You look great! :)

And Merry Christmas!