Monday, December 31, 2007

My top ten for 2007

Here are my top ten best accomplishments for 2007 (in no particular order):

  • Becoming a mother for the second time in two years
  • This is the funny one.  Although it wasn't what we expected, it could certainly be one of the greatest accomplishments ever to get pregnant again while on birth control.  No missed pills, taken the same time ever night, no antibiotics.  Apparently, as I've always said, I never stick with the statistics.  I fall into the 0.01% where birth control just isn't effective for me.
  • Getting my first manuscript rejection (maybe not an accomplishment for some, but I was just excited I got a request for a partial!)
  • Reconnecting with old friends on myspace and facebook
  • Celebrating 6 years of marriage (especially since I didn't think we'd even make it to the first one!)
  • Getting hubby something he loved for christmas (any of you who know us know that we have an impossibly hard time buying for each other) - I got him an ipod Touch
  • Losing almost 7 pounds on Weight Watchers.  With hormone issues and being a picky eater, it's really hard for me to lose weight.  Those seven pounds had me so motivated...then I found out I was pregnant again.
  • While its really my hubby's accomplishment, it was an honor for me, too, since the wife has responsibilities and requirements, too. - Hubby was picked to be a deacon in our church.  
  • Getting my dream car - a silver mustang convertible with a mach stereo system.  Now we're about to trade it for a mini-van and I'm ready to cry, but it was awesome to have that car, if only for a little while.
  • And my biggest accomplishment for the year?  STAYING SANE WITH TWO KIDS UNDER TWO...OH ANNNND BEING PREGNANT AGAIN!!!

No comments: