Friday, March 27, 2009

Snack anyone?

Yesterday after all the rain we've gotten I flushed EIGHT earthworms down our toilet that somehow managed to get inside...and most of them had burrowed down into my shag carpet in the playroom. For the record, earthworms rank about as high on the ick scale as snakes for me, so it was a long day and I still have the creeps from it.

So it only made sense when Chicken walks up to me this morning saying, "EWWWW!" and hands me something round, brown and gray, and covered in snot, that I thought it was probably a slug that he smooshed. If an earthworm can get in, surely a slug could, too?

Upon closer inspection of this snotty thing, I realized it had...well...wrinkles. And looked a little like a...grape. Suddenly everything fell into place. Chicken's sudden onset of another "cold"...waking up over an hour early from his nap and pointing to his nose while crying (I dismissed this just thinking he was upset his nose was stuffy)...unable to blow the left nostril at all (again, I thought it was just a cold)...the dark shadow up his nose that I figured was that black marker he'd been playing with and decided to color in his nose. Well...apparently my son had stored a raisin the size of my thumb (in its rehydrated state) up his nose for safe keeping.

I'm amazed he was able to get it out. I didn't hear him sneeze or anything (which was how he rid himself of the cheerios he put up there during church last Sunday) but just came walking up to me with it. I have a feeling this is going to be a looooong toddlerhood.

2 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Izzy brought me an earth worm the other day. She said "look mommy, a snake." Apparently, she isn't afraid of them.

I'm glad Chicken was able to remove the raisin. I hope it's a joy we never get to have!

OHmommy said...

Oh no!

A raisin? How did he get that up there. Yes, he and Fifi, are two of a kind. lol.