Friday, April 3, 2009

Goodbye Old Friend

I said goodbye to a friend last night. One I've known for over half my life. Go here to see it.

I won't admit that I cried like a baby during the one hour "15 year history" but didn't cry at the end of the actual show. I also won't admit that I really do feel like I have a hole in my heart this morning, especially since it's all over the news this morning.

For those of you who don't know me, I hate change. Especially when it's something I've been invested in for so long. But it's just a TV show, I know you're saying. Well, it's the ONLY TV show I had to see. I mean, I won't even work out on Thursdays. If we go somewhere, I MUST be home by 9. It was so sad to see it end.

A lot of people moved on to Grey's Anatomy. I tried watching it but it just wasn't the same, not to mention I felt like I was cheating on ER, ha! Michael Creighton was an amazing author and creator and I can only hope to create something so wonderful one day. I don't see myself envisioning a Jurassic Park, but he was great at emotion. He passed away this year from cancer.

So, I'm hoping this new show taking ER's place, Southland, captures my attention...otherwise, Thursdays at 9 pm will be a sad time!

2 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I had to give up on ER a while ago....sorry you had to say goodbye to an old friend. Did they end it well?

Anonymous said...

Your too cute. I hate when shows I have been invested in and care for go away too.

Thank goodness for LOTS of shows I like!