Monday, March 3, 2008

It's a...

A while back, I told Hubby that God wouldn't be mean to us and give us another boy.  When I said that, I didn't mean that I wouldn't want a boy or even be happy about it.  I've just always felt little girls should have a sister, even when you know it's out of your control and gender choosing isn't really all that accurate.  Hubby replied that he just wondered if God had a sense of humor, to which I replied that since he was VERY obviously behind this pregnancy since I was on birth control, he would give us a girl because that's what we both wanted.

Well, I'm happy to report that God, while I do believe he has a sense of humor, didn't have one in our case.  It is a girl although it was a very shy girl.  He said he was fairly confident it was a girl but of course, we wouldn't know for sure until it came out.  He assured us he saw no evidence of boy parts.  And since I've never been wrong about what one of my kids were, I'm going to assume it's safe and start planning for a girl.  

In other news, Chicken and I have been terribly sick this weekend.  I don't know if it's the flu or just a stomach bug, but it's rotten.  We've been nauseous, achy, had a fever, and Chicken's been throwing up.  I've kept the wonderful morning sickness medicine in me and thankfully have not called Ralph yet, although I've come close.  It definitely put a damper on the day today since we've been feeling so rotten, but finding out its a girl was certainly the highlight of our day!  

Chicken has been a wonderful blessing in our family and will carry on our name.  I wouldn't have been disappointed in the least (after the initial week or two) if I had produced the heir and the spare, but for Punky's sake, I just wanted to give her a sister.  Now we have our perfect family, exactly what Hubby and I wanted.  I can honestly say I'm happy that it's complete now and can't wait to meet our second little girl.  

Now on to the impossible task of picking out her name...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the little girl!! I know you were wanting a little sister for the little ones. Now, the boys are going to be outnumbered. I hope you guys get to feeling better very soon! Maybe this good news will help start this week off as a good week.

OHmommy said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No go out and buy a ton of dresses since you will use them twice. yes? LOL. That was my thinking!

Mandy said...

Congratulations on the baby with no boy parts. Ha-ha!!! Even if it turns out to have boy parts we will still love to have him over for play dates. ;)-