Thursday, August 14, 2008

This and That

Every day the sense of peace and blessing I have over having a complete family just fills me up.  My mom told me when she was here after New Baby was born that one day I might want more.  While that's true I might one day have a moment of insanity and want to start over again, at the moment, I feel almost giddy that we can finally start planning the rest of our lives.  We can plan family vacations.  I can plan a career outside the home if I choose after they're out of school.  We can sleep through the night again.  I guess what I look forward to the most is watching my babies grow and seeing who they become.  I look forward to each stage with them and pray I can become the mother I want to be.

I was recently blessed with a very "adult" conversation with someone that enlightened me with everything from discipline to how I want to raise my children in everyday life.  I'm excited about implementing the things we talked about, enjoying every day with my kids and spending more special times with them.  I can't wait to start having more fun with them.

And to add to the excitement, I'm joining weight watchers again.  Tomorrow.  I have to do something.  Yes, I'm only 4 weeks postpartum, but the belly is killing me.  It's not uterus, it's fat.  Lots of fat.  3 or 4 inches deep of fat.  AND.ITS.GOING.  I lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks before, so I'm hoping to be on maintenance by the end of the year.  Help me stay motivated!

2 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Weight Watchers is the best. And now they have so many great tasting snacks. :)

You can do it!

Anonymous said...

You can do it! I'll be your cheerleader. Of course, I have had cake and ice cream everyday this week so I can't be a good example for you. Have a great weekend!