Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Christmas that never really was

I have to say, this could quite possibly have been the worst Christmas I've ever had.  It even rivals the Christmas I had chicken pox and I didn't think that was possible.

Let's see, where to begin?  You all know I had surgery on the 17th.  I was healing up really well when I made my last post.  Low and behold, that night I went to get my nails done, I started feeling really bad.  I had a horrible headache all day and it was getting worse and I was also getting REALLY nauseous.  By 11 pm I was puking and by 1 am I was running a fever.  All day Christmas Eve was spent in bed feeling gross and trying not to do more than breathe.  Thanks to me, Hubby had to take yet another day off work to take care of the kids.

Christmas Day was relatively ok.  Cupcake threw up that morning but I think now it's because we forgot her reflux medicine instead of her getting the virus.  The kids enjoyed their presents but because of the large crowd at my in-law's house with some 15+ children and the contamination I was sure they had, we stayed home and Hubby went over to eat Christmas dinner.  I was by myself and still feeling pretty rotten although better.

Thankfully, no one else got sick overnight.  We spent the day with my side of the family on the 26th.  It was a crazy day but by that night, my sinus's started bothering me.  I thought at first maybe it was something in my parent's house as they're always burning candles or incense.  Nope.  By the time we left the house I was in a full blown sinus attack: sneezing, coughing, watery and itchy eyes.  UGH.  I'm still plagued with it and it doesn't seem to be getting any better to be quite honest.

There's more to it - the lack of eating during all this has left me ridiculously weak, needing to take some antibiotics that upset my stomach, etc., that I have just felt like BUTT for a week and a half now.  I'm so ready to just feel like myself again.  And I'm definitely ready for my immune system to get back to where it needs to be.  I don't really feel like I'm ready for Hubby to go back to work yet, but he's got to go back at some point and all this has left him negative on leave.  I'm praying the new toys will occupy them so I don't have to do too much tomorrow.

The important thing during all of this is we enjoyed plenty of together time (probably not quite what Hubby had in mind given my absence, however), and we all had a great Christmas gift wise.  Let's just hope New Year's is better for me!

4 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

I had a similar Christmas--minus the sickness. LOL
Let's hope everyone stays well for quite a while. :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, Step...I hope you get to feeling better soon! I can't even imagine!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

That just stinks. I hope you're on the road to recovery now, with no veering off!