Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cupcake is in the clear!

I'm so happy to announce that all of Cupcake's kidney tests came back completely normal!  Thank all of you who thought of her, prayed for her, emailed me out of concern or spoke to me directly.  It's such a relief to know that she doesn't have kidney reflux or any kind of structural abnormality.  The doctor advised us to be careful with the direction in which we wipe her, but other than that, we hope it was just a fluke and won't recur.  There's no guarantees, but I'm just so relieved that she's in the clear for now!

Just as a side note, she totally charmed the radiologist and techs.  She cried while they did the catheterization but after she calmed down, she talked to them, smiled at them growled for them (seriously if you could hear this, you'd die, it's so funny!  Note to self:  MUST get this on video) and flapped her bottom lip to make the blub blub blub sound.  They seemed to be amazed that she was so happy like this all the time.  They said that normally they screamed non-stop from start to finish.  By the time we left, I felt so proud of her for doing so well.  She had barely even slept all morning, either.

What a sweet little girl I have!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a relief! I am so glad everything ended up being okay. I'm sure that takes some of the stress away.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm so glad that it isn't anything serious. Hopefully, it was just a fluke and doesn't happen again.

And, how could that little cutie not charm the pants off of them?

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Aw, she sounds like such a little cutie! I'm glad to hear that she is okay!