Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Another bad report

Well, for all my ailments this pregnancy, I guess this one takes the cake.  I thought for the longest my heartburn was kicking up a notch and driving me crazy.  Like chicken-bone-stuck-in-the-throat-radiating-throughout-my-whole-upper-body-heart-attack type pain.  Ha.  For someone who tries to learn all she can about the medical field, I sure can be stupid.

Heartburn?  Nyah.  Why would it be that simple.  It MEEEEE we're talking about here!  I call the ob to tell him I need something different for this pain I'm having.  Apparently Nexium isn't working.  The nurse says, "Girl, that sounds like a spasm."  I said, "What kind?"  She hemhawed (as my grandmother used to call it) and said she had to talk with the doc.  Calls back and said, "We're sending you to Dr. Soandso.  You still have your gallbladder, right?"  I just lowered my head and shook it.  I had a sinking feeling about everything as soon as she said spasm.  I had a college friend who had to have hers removed after her second pregnancy.  There have been several times I've wondered if the things I was feeling were gallbladder related.  So now I know without even having to go see the doc that I'm probably going to have to have surgery after this kid is born.  But hey, if I expect surgery and wind up NOT having to have it, that means I'm pleasantly surprised, right?

For those of you who pray, add me to your list.  I'm feeling very helpless right now!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

On the upside, I had a gallbladder attack before and they had to do an ultrasound and everything. That was pretty much all they had to do. Nothing ever happened after the few episodes I had. Hopefully that will be your case. We will be praying for you. :) Don't worry unnecessarily. Wait for the docs diagnosis. Let go and let God!!! I know, it is easier said than done. Hang in there!!! :)

Anonymous said...

We will keep you in our prayers. Bless your heart.

Stephanie said...

Oh no! I will say a little prayer for you. I guess things can only get better right?

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh that stinks! I've known so many pregnant people that had to have their gallbladder removed. I hope you can keep the pain at bay until something else can be done.