Saturday, May 24, 2008

Movie Review/Weekend Thoughts

Well, we had planned on taking the kiddos to a local petting zoo this morning, but Hubby's parents asked to keep them since they will be in FL for graduations the next two weekends.  So we're postponing until next weekend or the next for that fun little trip.  To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to the smell (from what another mom told me), but I was looking forward to some special family time.

Now, I'm at home.  Hubby's outside working on the swing set.  Again.  There are no kiddos bringing me toys to play with while I type.  No kiddos screaming and giggling in the play room.  It's too stinkin' quiet in this house.

I did have a really fun night out with a girlfriend of mine last night.  We had dinner at Macaroni Grille and went to see What Happens in Vegas.  Hilarious.  I had read the bad reviews and didn't expect to like it as much as I did.  At one point, between being 31 weeks pregnant and having a full bladder, I think I might have peed on myself I was laughing so hard.  But don't tell anyone I said that.  Ashton Kutcher is my new hero.  SUCH a wonderful actor and so expressive.  His facial expressions whether funny or serious are right on the money.  Of course, it doesn't hurt that he's a total hottie.  But PLEASE get rid of that frat boy/forgot to wash or cut my hair in a year hair do, dude.  It ruins the ensemble.

On Thursday night, for Hubby's birthday, he chose to go see the new Indiana Jones movie.  I wasn't impressed, but I never was a big fan even in the 80s.  It was very reminiscent of the old movies, yet there was something about Harrison Ford, all wrinkled and "grandpa" like that just ruined it for me (and yes, I CAN appreciate a movie that doesn't have a hot guy for a lead role).  Granted, there were many references about him being old, but I just didn't think he pulled it off as well.  Several times he was running and I thought, WOW, he looks like he's having a little trouble with his hip there)  Oh well, I wasn't bored either so I guess that was good.

It's funny how Hubby and I hadn't been to see a movie in over a year and then all of a sudden we see three in 2 weeks.  We also went to see Iron Man a couple of weekends ago, which in a nutshell has to be one of the best movies ever made.  It.Was.Awesome.The.End.  

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Well apparently we have the same taste in movies. We need to double date sometime. We just went to see Iron Man, which was GREAT!!!! I wouldn't mind watching it again. Then we went to see Indiana Jones. We liked it and I could go to see it again, but it wouldn't be my first choice. It was cheezy in the beginning and then some throughout, but it was a pretty good movie other than that. Love the ant scene. :)

Indy said...

I haven't seen a movie in so long. Thanks for the reviews. I am dying to get out to see some of the summer blockbusters.