Thursday, January 22, 2009

Growing up

Tomorrow my eldest, Punky, turns three.  It's bittersweet and as her party this weekend draws nearer, I'm finding its hard for me to accept she's getting older.  I mean...in less than 3 years, I'll be homeschooling her.  Then she'll be in high school, graduated, college, marriage, children.  It sounds silly but let's face it, time flies.

I didn't have the most traditional time making a family.  Three kids in three years made things fly by faster, it made me miss things.  It made me put her on the back burner far too many times to tend to the two youngest.  She's such a good kid, too, despite all that.  I'm not bragging about my parenting skills, everyone says that about her.  She's a sweet, tender hearted, affectionate kid who is incredibly musical and too smart for her own good most of the time.  I've been so blessed for God to give her me.

When I think back on the fertility struggles, the three years of wondering if I would ever have a baby, I would do it all over in a heartbeat if it meant having her.  My life was irrevocably changed the second I laid eyes on her and for the rest of my life, I will live for my kids and my family and God.  Careers hold no meaning nor does anything else of this world as long as I can hold my growing babies in my arms and know I will always be Mommy.

1 comment:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, you totally gave me goosebumps! I love that!

And, I need to come and read that again, when my two year old inevitably whines to me today (for the millionth time)!