Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Health Alert!


Newsflash: Antibiotics cause mental growth spurts in children under 6 months!

Nah, just kidding.  But now that Cupcake is feeling better, she's had a developmental growth spurt!  Hubby and I have been fighting over her both of us saying Mama or Dada.  She's been totally confused, too.  But last night, while Hubby was working late and I had some extra time with them, I took advantage and just continued to repeat "mamamamamama".  Her little jaw started working but no sound came out.

I praised her and praised her and continued to say it.  Before I knew it, she was saying "yayayayayayaya".  Not close, but progress for a 5 month old.  Then "yaya" turned into "wawawawawawa".  This morning she continued to perfect it and there was a definite "mama" amongst it all.  WOOHOO!  I win, Hubby, neener neener neeeeeeeener!

I still don't count it for her baby book until she's intentionally saying mama, but it's only a matter of time...

Oh and....I think it's time for a haircut, no?



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Cupcake is feeling better! The picture of her on the top of the post is beautiful!! She is such a pretty baby!

Anonymous said...

That first picture is breathtaking!! I love it..

And I am so happy to hear she is feeling better!!!

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Oh, those pictures are just too cute!!! Glad to know that your daughter is feeling better too!

Stephanie said...

Looks like we've both been down with the sickness huh? Sorry I've been MIA lately. So much going on. I'm glad that everyone is well now! And seriously, Cupcake is gorgeous - check out those eyes!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear she's feeling better. And on her way to saying "momma" huh? I'd be gloating too.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm glad she is doing better! Scary.

And, maybe we need some antibiotics here...I feel like we're on the slow path (but Nat is a little tank)!

OHmommy said...

Awww.... those pictures are so stinking cute! So cute!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Could your children be more gorgeous? :)