Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Today's Ramblings

I got to enjoy lunch with a college friend today (without the kiddos no less!).  I haven't seen her since my wedding day almost 7 years ago.  Sad, but true, we've lived in the same city since I got married and this is the first time we've made a point to get together.  She has two beautiful little girls that I've seen pictures of on myspace.com.  She also hasn't changed a bit since college and is as beautiful as I remember her.  She was always the kind of person that was so well spoken and eloquent.  That hasn't changed either!

We're still doing well with potty training.  Another dear friend of mine that has already gone through this is currently acting as my cheerleader.  I've called her two or three times now with questions and I've never felt better about things.  Thanks Holly-wolly-doodle-all-the-day!

Last night Hubby told me he looked up from the kitchen and saw a little white butt hanging out of the bathroom door in the dark.  Punky was pulling down her panties and about to go potty by herself.  When he got in to see what she was doing, she had pooped in the potty!  WOOHOO!  I think we're on our way but it's still a ways off.  As I type this, Hubby just ushered a bulging pants Punky into the bathroom for cleanup.  One day at a time, right?

And we're getting our old internet service provider back today!  I've been so ready to throw computers and printers and stuff with AT&T DSL.  It stinks.  It stinks worse than stink.  It rots. So mediacom is back!  And we finally get our cable back after a long agonizing month.  I can catch up on my favorite TV shows, WOOHOO!  AND, I get soap net back so I can sleep through my soaps again and still catch up. 

Ahhh...life is getting back to normal...

2 comments:

OHmommy said...

I love your ramblings.

WTG on the potty traning! And WTG on your friends outing.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Glad the potty training is working out! :)