Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm baaaack! Part I

After two long weeks and an exhausting two weeks at that, I'm back on the internet...for how long I'm not sure.  Our new provider is questionable and about half the speed.  I'm not digging it so far.  It better speed up or I want my old service back!

Soooo, a vacation recap perhaps?  I won't bore you with a novella today of the past two weeks.  I'll just stretch it out over this week in between finishing unpacking.

We went to Gatlinburg, TN two Sundays ago now.  When we woke up the morning after we arrived, this was the view from our balcony:
Pretty huh?  Hubby loved all the photo ops from here and spent many days and nights just taking different photos.  I love going to the mountains but I'm not overly impressed, but this view was quite spectacular.  Since we live (sort of ) in the mountains, I prefer the beach to the mountains any day.  

So anyway, while we were there, we took the kiddos to a small kiddy amusement park where they rode the train and the swings.

Chicken on the train w/the Aunt

Punky on the train

One of the days (it's been too long ago for me to remember now) but we went to Ripley's Aquarium.  Pretty cool!  Hubby and I had gone there before kiddos were involved and enjoyed it.  It was stressful with two little ones.  Punky enjoyed it, but Chicken was bored.  He preferred eating fish...as in goldfish.  That was the only way I could keep his cranky, tired butt from crying the whole time.  Here's Hubby, Punky, and Chicken in an aquarium exhibit where you crawled underneath and could come up and look inside it.  This was Punky's favorite part (and apparently Chicken's, too, judging by his grin!)



As the week wound down, we were all exhausted and needed a vacation...wait... Here's the happy, tired family.  BTW, I'm really into my new hairdo (even though you can't really see it here)!  This was taken at Cades Cove.  It's a neat little village area with a 12 mile drive (or so) of beautiful views of the mountains.  That mill behind us actually ground up corn.  

And by the way, while we were there, we ran into the naked Cowgirl.  She's not as popular as the Naked Cowboy, but she's way cuter.

Here's a better picture of my hair...and my expanding belly.  I'm 22 weeks pregnant here (currently almost 24).  It was taken Easter Sunday.


2 comments:

OHmommy said...

Yea! A pregnant belly picture. You are way too cute!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Sounds like a great time!

(BTW, you look fantastic!) :)