Thursday, September 18, 2008

Chicken Potty training?

Uh, yeah.  So I think Chicken is going to get the hang of potty training before Punky (who by the way just got done pooping in their pants, G.R.O.S.S).  Yesterday, I noticed he was grabbing himself and he came to me grunting.  I asked him if he needed to go pee pee.  He said, "Pee Pee!" and took off running to the bathroom.  I put him on there for a few minutes but of course he didn't want to sit on there very long.  After he got down and played for a few minutes, I smelled something.  It was Chicken.  I explained to him on the changing table that what he did was called poo poo.  And he repeated, "Poooooo poooooooo!" with his little lips pooched out (which is too cute by the way).  I'm wondering if the sensation he felt when he thought he had to go pee pee was him actually about to go to poop.

Then when I went in his room after he woke up from his nap, he looked at me and said, "Pooooo poooooo!"  Sure enough, the kid had pooped.  I'm all for getting him trained, too, if he'll do it.  I'm just not sure if he's ready.  He can say each bodily function and is showing interest in the potty since Punky has been training, but is he really ready at 18 months?  I know I'm ready to NOT buy diapers for either of them any more!

Both Chicken and Cupcake got their shots today.  They both did really well considering.  Chicken, as we were rushing in to the appointment because we were ten minutes late, went skidding on his knees and stomach in the parking lot.  Much to my chagrin, I fear it was because I was rushing him and I had all three kids by myself.  Everyone in the office was huddled around the check in window when I walked in, poor babying him.  Yeah, I'm a bad mother...so?

Other than that, things are ridiculously redundant around our house.  I'm actually having one of those days where I'm motivated to get the house cleaned and get things done today.  Hubby won't be home until late tonight, so I have some time to do it once the kids go down tonight.  WOOHOO!!!

EIGHT DAYS UNTIL MY WEEKEND VACATION, WOOHOO!!!!

5 comments:

Indy said...

I agree with you. He might just becoming aware. I don't think you'd want to even try to potty train an 18 month old. You'd have your hands full. It will at least keep things interesting for you.

Indy said...

I just saw on your profile that you write romance novels. Are you working on one now or have you have one published? That is fantastic. I am impressed!!!

OHmommy said...

Yay. Take it easy. You are a busy mom. You can do 1 of 2 things:

1. Potty train in a dirty house

or

2. Not train in a clean house

LOL. This comes from someone that is WAY behind in housework.

enthalpymama said...

Thanks for stopping by! Potty training? Oh, boy. Well, my house is pretty messy anyhow, but I really recommend diapers. My third will be potty trained sometime before he is 13, I promise.

This may be related to the fact that my first two gave up diapers about 4 weeks after I gave birth to their next younger sibling. I had some dark weeks of painful nursing and accidents. Enjoy their babyhood.

enthalpymama said...

So, now I see Indy's comment that you write romance novels. That is really interesting.