Friday, September 5, 2008

Should've worked harder...

Ok, in my last post I noted Weight watchers was a bust this week.  Instead of a bust, let me just say I completely blew it out of the water.  Instead of maintaining my weight, I GAINED.  Can you believe it?  If I had known I was going to gain, I would have enjoyed the week a little more!  As it stands, I'm disgusted with myself today.  

I asked Hubby if I could get an ipod yesterday.  I'm behind on the times and I know most 3 year olds now have one, but I never really had any use for it until now.  I need music back in my life.  I've always been musical, artsy and creative.  I LOVE a good cd and have many of them in itunes on our mac.  The only problem is I don't even have a cd player now to listen to the radio.  I think I would rather have that on than the TV most of the time.  And especially when I heard Gavin Rossdale's new song, "Love Remains the Same" (It's the song that plays on the commercials for the Biggest Loser and the new Nicholas Sparks movie coming out Nights in Rodanthe).  I fell in love and  just like that my love for music was reintroduced.  There's nothing that inspires me to do something more than good music.

So I say all that to say I'm convinced that if I could find time to exercise, the pounds would melt off.  AND if I had an ipod, I could enjoy it when I exercise on my own (because you ARE going to be home early enough this week, aren't you, sweety?!).  I've got to find a way to exercise with three kids...I thought about the double stroller and the snugli.  I'm still trying to figure out how I would work that one...The treadmill is no use with two curious toddlers.  I can just see Chicken getting on it while I'm jogging and flying across the room, or even better yet, UNDER the treadmill and coming back around as a little flat cartoon character.  It would be chaos although definitely a workout to keep them off of it. 

Anyone have any better ideas?  No gym's to join here...at least none that we can afford and I don't want to put them in a gym with daycare because of winter germs that are going to start going around soon.  HELP!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. One way I used to get my treadmill time is was to get up when Marc did in the mornings. I would walk while he got dressed and have my shower and be dressed before Tyler got up. Now, I see that with little sleep at night your morning sleep is valued, but it is an option. I also always feel better when I exercise in the mornings. I think I get more done during the day and I have an added boost to metabolism. BTW, I don't have an ipod either. I am so far behind times I may have to skip this phase and catch the next one.

I don't know if you have read Nicholas Sparks' Night in Rodanthe, but it is a good read too. I love his books. I read it this past spring and I can't wait for the movie this fall.

Jennifer Shirk said...

I love my Ipod. It came with those earbuds. I excerise at the gym with it (when I'm not taking a class).
I use a community center gym here in town. It's pretty cheap to join and they're sticklers about not bringing in your kids if they have runny noses.
I would walk when the hubby's home to watch the kids. You could use the time to yourself. :)

Stephanie said...

What about walking? We walk together a lot around the neighborhood at night and baby girl seems to love it too. I know people that have walked that weight right off. Unfortunately, I was not one of them. I need to stick with something too...

Melissa said...

I excersice as a chance to get break in the day. I will wait till the husband comes home and go on a walk or to the gym and get some me time, plus work out, PLUS then the hubby gets some nice time with our daughter.