Monday, October 13, 2008

Because I have nothing witty to say...

I'm going to post just a general update of our very mundane life...

Ok, so in 8 weeks, I've lost approximately 5.5 lbs. Not great, but at least my butt hasn't found that many extra pounds, either. I did really good this last week and it paid off, 1.5 pounds of that total this past week alone. I'm finally able to see a difference in my pants and I'm back into my size 8's that I wore right after Punky was born. As a whole, I'm satisfied. I'm not able to exercise and I'm losing based on nothing but my eating habits. Not too shabby. Once I'm back in the 130's I'll be even happier. That means the 120's are getting closer!

Of course, if I had been die hard about my eating over the last 8 weeks, it would have been a lot more. I haven't really counted my points to a T. On weekends I cheat...a lot. Like when we go out to eat and Hubby suggests a cookie. Do ya think I'm going to turn it down? You enabler, you. Don't get me wrong, he's been great about reminding me of my points, but he had a weak moment last night after I had cheated already once that day and got me that stinkin' cookie at McAlister's. Enabler. Yes, you, dear Hubby.

The kiddos are still on a mission to make sure my patience run thin every day. Cupcake has been screaming through her feedings. i thought I had it figured out (aka, she just wasn't hungry!) and moved her to a four hour schedule. Well, she's doing much better, but she's still having a feeding or two a day that she doesn't want to eat more than a few ounces. She's the total antithesis of my first two. Already rolling over, too, which makes naptime (as she sleeps on her stomach) interesting. She flips over and can't get back to her stomach yet so she's good an awake by the time I run interference.

Punky has got potty training whipped. She even goes to pee herself half the time without me knowing. She'll come to where ever I am with her pants and underwear in tow, "Mommy, I already went pee pee!" Ain't nothing cuter than her bare little bubble butt. Just makes me want to pinch it.

Speaking of pinching, some days I want to pinch Chicken's head off, but he's been doing pretty good lately. I can't complain, but I do think most of the credit goes to Hubby. He's taken the wheel with him and gotten him in line. Today was the first day in awhile that I've had to discipline him and even then it was because he was doing something Punky initiated. Be a leader, not a follower, Son!

Well, it's about time for my soaps (wouldn't be a SAHM if I didn't watch them!) so I must go!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Hey, thanks for the comment! Come back and visit anytime!!! ;)

Oh..the weight loss journey...I'm on one too, but I didn't have a very good week! I ate cookies yesterday! ;( Was it worth it? Probably! ;) I'm down 13 pounds since May. I like to take it slow!

I LOVE that pic of your adorable little ones on the sidebar! How cute are they?!?!?!?!

Stephanie said...

Yay for Punky and having potty training down so great! That's got to be a nice relief.

Have fun with the soaps ;)

Jennifer Shirk said...

That's great about the potty training AND the weight loss! Woo-hoo!