Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Not Cupcake but Punky!

So apparently my record for sleeping at night lately is limited to 4 night stretches. Murphy is back and residing at my house during germ season. I love it when that happens. After two hospitalizations in the last 18 months with my two eldest, I figure we're gearing up for another rough winter.

Cupcake slept through the night again...she's now broken her own record I'm happy to say. But....

Punky came into our room at 5:30 this morning acting funny. She said she had to pee pee but I knew she was acting weird and was pretty pale. She started shaking and acting like she was about to throw up. I let her stand there for a minute but she never did anything. Then she told me her stomach hurt and she had to potty. Thinking maybe she had to poop, I put her up there but she still didn't do anything. She's been known to stall so I finally went to grab her off the potty and she pushed me away and acted like she was scared and said she had to pee pee. I gave her a minute more then she got down. I sent her back to bed. It wasn't more than 30 minutes later I heard the telltale wail from her room and knew she was puking. This happened three times and when she was done with her off and on puking it was 7:25 and time to start our day.

I sat down and wrote the first sentence of this post and heard Chicken wailing. Yup, he was throwing up, too.

They both had breakfast and are acting relatively normal. I keep waiting for them both to start going at it again, but so far so good. I'm not keeping my hopes up though. Hubby is already gone for the day and since Murphy knows me so well, he MUST know of my phobia of puke and will do whatever it takes to make sure I have to face it on my own. But see, his plan is backfiring...the more I'm exposed to it the more I'm able to handle it. I actually held back Punky's hair this morning (when I'm normally cowering in the corner of another room until it's over).

Take that Murphy, you jerk....

Now on to my morning cup of tea. I'm already three point five hours into my day and I'm exhausted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. I hope those two get to feeling better soon! Maybe it won't spread to the entire household. Bring out the Clorox and Lysol.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, my. That stinks. Natalie slept 5 hours the other night, but Izzy was up like times! Fortunately, no puke, but I'm not inviting Murphy to my house!

Mandy said...

Poor little things I hope they both feel better really soon and I also hope that little cupcake doesn't get it or you two for that matter.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Ugh. I hope whatever they have passes QUICKLY!