Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Cake Recipe and Camping

Well, it's raining cats and dogs outside right now and as of 5pm tonight Hubby and Chicken will be camping with The Boyfriend and his dad. Supposedly the rain is supposed to let up by this afternoon but it's still going to be soggy for them. Chicken doesn't really know what "camping" is but he's excited anyway. He's really been a daddy's boy lately, so he's going to love the one on one. I'm hoping it's a phase. I'm also hoping it's not that he's still a little angry that Cupcake gets a lot of my attention. But I've gotten the impression more than once that he's angry with me.

Punky is getting into the terrible three's. I can tell pretend play is becoming very real to her and she's started getting angry when Chicken messes with her "sleeping" baby dolls. This morning they were both squealing at each other and I walk in to see what's going on and she has Chicken in a headlock screaming, "No, Chicken, don't touch my BABYYYYYYYYY!" If hadn't intervened, she would've taken him down. But trust me when I say the terrible three's won't last long. She's a smart kid and she'll understand Mommy means business when she says not to act a certain way.

And for fall tradition I wanted to post an insanely easy pumpkin cake recipe that my in-laws taught me:

1 box of spice cake mix
1 can of pumpkin
1 cup of milk chocolate chips (optional)
1 container of cool whip

Mix the spice cake mix and pumpkin together (and chocolate chips if you choose) and spread into a greased 9X13 pan. Batter will be thick and hard to spread but put as evenly in the pan as you can. Bake according to package or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Once cake is cooled, spread with cool whip. It's REALLY good and it's weight watcher friendly - if you leave out the chocolate chips! If you try it, I hope you enjoy!

Happy fall everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the boys have a fun time camping. Tyler has become a daddy's boy lately too. I don't know if it is the age or that he doesn't see him very much.

That is so funny about the headlock. Punky had better watch out because Chicken may be bigger than her one day. He is old enough to start remembering the torture she is putting him through.

Marc suffers from TMJ thanks to his little brother's retaliation as a teenager. A boot in the jaw is not a good decision, but neither was Marc hanging his brother in a harness in a tree and leaving him there.

Oh the fun siblings have.

I will try the pumpkin cake. Marc likes pumpkin pie so maybe he will like a pumpkin cake. Thanks for the recipe post too.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I hope the camping goes well.

That recipe looks delicious.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Ooh, that recipe looks YUM-O!