Seriously, I've never met someone in my entire life who seems to just have everything fall at his feet. Don't get me wrong, this time it benefits us all, but it's really quite disgusting and several people I know will probably send me hate mail when they're done reading this.
Here's a few examples:
- Hubby decides he'd like to learn to draw. He gets a how-to book and some drawing supplies and voila! He can draw. I'm serious. Just.like.that.
- Hubby thinks he'll up and start a photography business with his best friend. VOILA! He got his first paying "real" gig a few weeks later with a local fire department (and he's done a few weddings and baby pictures on his own for friends that also paid).
- Hubby wants to go for a ride in a ultra-light. Some guy offers to take him up for free on his next flight and lets him fly. This wasn't my idea and I seriously loathe the guy for fueling the fire. If I ever see him out, my death rays will stop him cold.
- Hubby is adored by everyone. He's one of those guys that people inherently flock to because he's trustworthy, quiet and sincere. This is not for the Hubby mentioned to get a big head. I'm simply saying it's annoying, really (but in a sickeningly sweet way).
- Hubby decides he wants to do a little job searching and see if he can get a bargaining chip to get more money since he's about 15K underpaid for his line of work and years of experience. VOILA! He gets TWO offers. He interviewed on Friday with one company and gets an offer on Tuesday for 15K more than he's making. The place he used to work found out he was looking again and contacted him and said they would give him what he needed money-wise as long as they could have him back. Now he's faced with the daunting, oh-so-tiring task of playing them all against each other to see who has the highest bid.
I went to the doc today and got fairly good news. He didn't seem too worried about an ulcer or hernia, but rather gave me the blanketed diagnosis of gastroenteritis (which essentially means he's got no clue until he takes a gander at my innards and squeezes all the money he can from insurance company). I still have to have an ultrasound on Friday morning and go for an endoscopy next Wednesday (yes, the only day I have free from the kiddos and the only day I have to cook my obligated appetizers for Thanksgiving at my mom's). I have to be put to sleep for it and can expect to be there for 3 hours. Go me. At least I'll get to sleep...
But, I'm seriously glad Hubby got the job offer. As I mentioned, it benefits us all and puts us in a MUCH better position. We've never been in much debt or lived above our means but it will certainly be nice to be able to put away for college (after all, Murphy wins in the future, too, with three kids in college practically at the same time), retirement (I'll be lucky if I make it), and family vacations (is there even such a thing?). I might actually can spend a little money on a bra that doesn't scrape a hole in my back or have a strap that constantly falls down my shoulders (does aforementioned seriously even exist?). That alone is enough to bring out the violence in me.
Better me dealing with Murphy than you, honey. I'm happy to save you from this never ending torture. Just remember, a good foot massage always has the potential to set my day right again, no matter how bad it was. And one day? If Murphy decides to come back and bite you in the butt...I simply don't know if I'll laugh or cry.