Sunday, November 30, 2008

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Holy cow, I did it. I ACTUALLY DID IT, PEOPLE! I, Stephanie, finished the NaNoWriMo. Not just finished, WON. I'm ecstatic. I'm excited. I'm all giddy-schoolgirl-like. I'm...horrified!

Yes, horrified. If I can finish a novel consisting of 50,000 words (51,726 to be exact), what excuse could I possibly give myself or anyone else not to finish the rest that lay in waiting in the little folder on my desktop creatively entitled "Manuscripts"?

I'm actually really excited about the book. I didn't do a conventional NaNoWriMo. I actually just used this month to finish this one up. It was already about 35,000 words before I started. But progress is progress and I have about 30 other ones that far along that I need to work on, too. At this rate I'll be done in...30 years!

I have some other really exciting news. I was accepted to a really amazing critique group . I've only been a member for a week and I can tell you right now, these ladies are so wonderful. I can be myself and joke without them getting all offended. In fact, they actually seem to enjoy my sense of humor (I know, give them time.). I have no doubt that this is the next step I needed to make in my writing career. Hopefully, with these wonderful women to help me, I'll be able to get published much sooner! Now if I could just get un-intimidated...

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! My gallbladder tolerated everything ok on Thanksgiving Day, but shopping at 6:00 am on Black Friday having a mild (thank goodness) attack got a little tricky.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came here from Classy Chaos. I am a twihard and read something about a giveaway, but am having a hard time finding it!

Jennifer Shirk said...

CONGRATS on Nano!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing!