Thursday, June 5, 2008

5 weeks to go!

I'm making this quick because I need to fold clothes while the kiddos are napping.  Yuck!

Chicken went for his 15 month checkup today.  55% weight and height, 90% for his head.  Poor kid.  By this point, Punky was growing into her large head.  Let's hope Chicken does the same VERY soon.  I'd hate for him to look like that allergy commerical all his life.  Yeah, you know which one I'm talking about.  The one where the lady's head blows up like a balloon.  THAT'S my Chicken right now.  I don't think he's been below the 75% his entire life.

I also spoke with my pediatrician about my doc inducing at 38 weeks.  A friend of mine who's the nursery nurse where I deliver said they get a lot of sick babies from my OB.  I'm glad she told me that so I could research my options and make sure I'm making the best decision for me and New Baby.  My pediatrician said any time after 36 weeks is fine to go into labor and inductions at 38 weeks are completely fine for the kiddo.  I was so glad to hear that.  I've felt so big this entire time, the thought of having to wait until 40 weeks scares me since I was barely able to get Punky out at 7 lbs 4 oz.  So, I guess if my doc is ready to induce at 38 weeks, I can feel better about it now.  She also said it was probably genetics or a coincidence that my OB delivered the sick babies.  Let's just hope so.  Does anyone have stories to share about that?  How would you feel if your doc wanted to induce at 38 weeks knowing what my pediatrician says?

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great end of the week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that it is best for the baby to wait to come out on its own, but I would have been completely on board if my OB had wanted to induce at 38 weeks. I had to cry and beg to get induced 3 days after my due date. I had a 46 hour labor and a 9lb 11.6oz baby boy 2 days later. Mine for sure would have been completely fine coming into this world 3 weeks earlier. He looked like he was a month old when he was born. I guess those are things you can look back at in retrospect and know they would have been alright. Go with your gut and not your growing pains as your due date approaches. Pray about it and make sure you have a good feeling about your decision.

Stephanie said...

I was induced at 39 weeks. I think it is totally up to you and what your OB thinks about it since they will be delivering the baby. I know how miserable it is at the end though so I feel your pain. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Melissa said...

I had to get induced and she came out fine. My water had broken and so they didn't want her in there too long. And the labor and delivery was absolutly fine. Plus you can have a easier labor with an inducment because when they induce you, they usually ask right then if you want an epidural, so if you do say yes, and you can go through the whole thing pain free and enjoy it with out the painful distractions.