Friday, June 6, 2008

Boring post, but I'm bored. Go figure.

Some days are filled with things that trigger witty comments and insightful revelations.  Not today.  It was just a typical run of the mill day with Punky, Chicken and New Baby, who continues to try to find her way out.

I did have a play date with a few of my friends this morning.  It went well.  No one cried and no one had a problem with sharing.  Pretty good for a group of kids where the oldest was 3, huh?  Yeah, we're all awesome with discipline, what can I say?  ;oD

This afternoon, I took Punky and Chicken to Wally World and picked up New Baby's changing table.  It's really cute and different from what the other two have, so I can't wait to see what it looks like when Hubby puts it together.  Afterwards, we grabbed some Mickey D's for dinner and came back home.  Hubby had a diaper shower to go to (how nice is it that our church friends put together a guys night/diaper shower for our expecting fathers?) and after dinner with the guys he then had his best friend's 30th birthday party to attend.  So I'm alone tonight, realizing how BORED I am with no muse to help me write, no TV shows on, a netflix movie with Katherine Heigl that I'll get de-limbed if I watch by myself, and my soaps don't come on for another hour on soap net.  I ALMOST have the urge to clean...notice the emphasis on ALMOST.  So I think I'm going to go see if I can engross myself in some sort of project before I succumb to the urge to clean on my first "alone" night in quite some time.

4 comments:

OHmommy said...

I have so many projects to finish. I would love to hand them off. LOL!

Mandy said...

Alone time.....now that's a concept!!! I am not used to that at ALL. I would probably take the opportunity to sleep for hours.

Anyway, we had a great time at the playdate. We will definitely need to do it again.

Also, that is a really cool idea for the guys to have a diaper shower. I like that. I may have to see if we could get one together that would include my hubby on the next go around (hopefully.

Indy said...

I love alone time. Hope you found something fun to do.

Stephanie said...

Oh gosh - I think I have quite a few things that I wish I could be bored enough to do. Isn't it crazy that sometimes when we are bored, even the things we know we need to do, don't sound much worth doing? Ugh...what a crazy feeling!